210 COVID-19 related deaths in Ireland; The Health Protection Surveillance Centre has today been informed that 36 patients diagnosed with COVID-19 in Ireland have died:
- 27 deaths located in the east, 6 in the northwest, 3 in the south
- the patients included 17 females and 19 males
- 24 (66.6%) patients were reported as having underlying health conditions
- the median age of today’s reported deaths is 81
- 1388 healthcare workers have been diagnosed with COVID-19
- Dublin has 3061 cases (55% of the total), followed by Cork at 421 (8%)
- the transmission is as follows: community transmission 67%, local transmission 22% and travel-related at 11%
There have now been 210 COVID-19 related deaths in Ireland. The median age of deaths in Ireland is 81. The mean age of deaths in Ireland is 79.
The Health Protection Surveillance Centre has been informed of 345 new confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Ireland, as at 1pm, Tuesday 7 April.
There are now 5,709 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Ireland.
Cases by county