Fun Activities for the Family and Your Kids
Many of you will be finding it hard to keep the kids entertained and at times you have to be creative to come up with ideas to help the little ones (and not so little) release that pent up energy so we decided to give you some fun activities for your family and your kids.
So here are a few ideas that you might like (some you will already know)
- Balloon Tennis
- Board Games
- Indoor Camping (build a fort)
- Simon Says
- Painting (use a theme) (Great ideas at https://www.freekidscrafts.com/ )
- Write stories and act them out
- Make puppets (Great ideas at https://www.freekidscrafts.com/ )
- Arts and Crafts ( https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/home/craft-ideas/how-to/g1389/diy-kids-activities/ )
- Play cards (lots of game ideas at https://wehavekids.com/parenting/Card-Games-For-Kids )
- Have a disco
- Karaoke (lots of tracks at https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=sing+king+karaoke )
- Take an online class (here’s on one learning French for kids https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyHIcOX4FaE )
- Video Game Marathon
- Clear out old clothes
- Change around bedrooms
- Exercise ( Kids exercise https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uUawnM-FD8 )
- Get the kids to help you do something around the house that you have been putting off for ages
- 10 Easy Science Experiments – That Will Amaze Kids (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MHn9Q5NtdY )
- Keep up with their school work so they’re not loosing out ( https://padlet.com/ciarareillymarino/primarydistancelearning )
These are just a few ideas and we’re sure you have been involved in many of these activities before but there might be some new ideas there for you too. You will find that you have a lot of materials at home that you can use for arts & crafts so you won’t have to go out and spend loads of money. Many of the ideas above don’t use technology but let’s admit it, technology can be very useful too.
It’s a time that we can have fun with the family and make some magical memories. Self-isolating during these unprecedented times shouldn’t run our time with our families.
We hope that you and your family and friends enjoy some of these ideas.