Mothers Day is a special day for mothers everywhere even though we should be thankful for our mothers each and every day. We all have one and we should cherish each and every moment we spend with them. This year is especially hard but the best present we can give them is some social distance. So here are a few ideas on how to say Happy Mother’s Day to your mother.
- If you can and you are in the same house then why not take over her tasks for the day and give her the day off? You could cook breakfast, lunch and dinner and clean up after. Now that would be a treat.
- Start a memories journal and write about all the wonderful or even not so wonderful times you’ve had together. Memories are always to be cherished.
- You could make a pebble or rock paperweight. You could paint and decorate it.
- Put a book of IOUs together for jobs around the house or for cooking so she can have the night off. There are so many things that you could do that your mother would be delighted with. But remember when she cashes in an IOU you have to honour it.
- Put a collage of photos together.
- Keep in contact with Skype, FaceTime, Whatsapp, Facebook Messanger. They all have video options.
Being a mother is one of the toughest jobs ever and in these trying times, you will probably find it just a tough to find the right gift to show your appreciation. But remember showing how much you love your mother is simply enough.
Guiding Light Mom
Mom, from the time I was really young,
I realized I had someone…you,
who always cared,
who always protected me,
who was always there for me no matter what.
You taught me right from wrong,
and pushed me to do the right thing,
even when it was hard to do.
You took care of me when I was sick,
and your love helped make me well.
You had rules,
and I learned that when I obeyed them,
my life was simpler, better, richer.
You were and are
the guiding light of my life.
My heart is filled with love for you,
my teacher, my friend, my mother.
By Karl and Joanna Fuchs
More poems available HERE