NORTH QUAYS UPDATE
Thanks to Cllr Eddie Mulligan
Michael Walsh Chief Executive Officer Waterford Council has announced that the 1st application for funds under the Urban Regeneration & Development Fund 2018 has been submitted under the Project Ireland 2040 Programme
The proposal in a partnership with Kilkenny County Council, Iarnrod Eireann & Fawaz Alhokair will enable;
– €350M private investment.
– 2,300 permanent jobs.
– 2-300 Apartments
– a half million visitor experience
& 1,250 Construction jobs for 3 years!
The Proposal will incorporate;
1. Integrated Transport Hub for train, Car, bus, cycling & pedestrian mobility.
2. Sustainable Transport Corridor in form of pedestrian/cyclist/public transport bridge.
3. City Centre Access by enhancing road network for future bridge crossing.
4. Ferrybank/Bellview link road initiative from Belmont to Abbey Road.
The total funding requested is €105M over 4 years with a match funding of €35M with total infrastructural envisaged cost of €140M. If granted €20m would be delivered by Government in 2019!
There is a committed private sector development of €350m which will see;
– 40k sq m Retail
– 7.5k sq m Leisure
– 15k sq m Offices
– 400 Room Hotel
– 10k sq m Visitor Centre
– 1,500 space Car Park
– Renewable Energy Project
Based upon committed developments;
– N Quays SDZ
– Former Ard Ri site
– Michael Street
Subject to Government approval of Grant application, finer planning details would be approved early 2019 with work commencing 2019 also