Staying at Home is so Important
Well done to each and every one of you who are doing their best to stay socially distant and to stay in isolation. We know it’s hard and it is causing cabin fever with a lot of us. In saying that, doctors, nurses and Gardai are asking everyone to stay home and only leave their home only to go shopping for essentials or to get some exercise staying within a 2km radius of your own home.
Here are a few reminders from the HSE about what we should all be doing.
Everyone needs to stay at home to help slow the spread of COVID-19 (Coronavirus).
You should only leave your home to:
- shop for essential food and household goods
- attend medical appointments, collect medicine or other health products
- care for children, older people or other vulnerable people – this excludes social family visits
- exercise briefly by yourself, or with children from your family, and only within 2 kilometers of your home, keeping 2 metres distance from other people
- travel to work if you provide an essential service – be sure to practice physical distancing
Follow this advice to protect yourself and others from COVID-19 (Coronavirus).
Read a step-by-step guide from the HSE on how to clean your hands.
Do you know why washing your hands is so important? Did you know that soap is brilliant at protecting you from Covid 19?
We know that it’s often hard to get children to listen to us so here’s a great video to show you how to get the kids to wash their hands properly.
Deaf Irish Sign Language users can get information about COVID-19 (Coronavirus) using Irish Remote Interpreting Service (IRIS).
IRIS is available from 9am to 7pm, Monday to Friday and 10am to 4pm on Saturday.
This service is for Deaf Irish Sign Language users only. Information on other services for Deaf and Hard of Hearing people is available.
We can get through this as long as we all work together.