Waterford PPN Community and Voluntary Awards
Now in its 15th year. The Waterford PPN Community & Voluntary awards were introduced to recognise and celebrate the commitment and vibrancy of the community and voluntary sector in Waterford and to identify the value of the contribution made by groups in their communities.
This scheme would not be possible if it wasn’t for the organisers Waterford PPN in association with Waterford City & County Council and all the corporate sponsors.
The categories and sponsors for the 2019 awards are:
- Arts & Culture – Sponsored by BHP Insurances
- Community & Civic Pride – Sponsored by Local Link Waterford
- Community/Social Enterprise – Sponsored by Waterford Local Enterprise Office
- Environment – Sponsored by Waterford City & County Council
- Healthy & Active Community – Sponsored by Waterford PPN
- Social Inclusion – Sponsored by Bus Éireann
- Waterford City & County Mayors Award – Sponsored by Waterford City & County Council
- Waterford City & County Mayors Award – The winning group (Chosen from the winners of the 6 category awards) will represent Waterford in the 2020 All Island Pride of Place awards
- Billy Mc Carthy Award – Outstanding Work by an Individual in the Community – Sponsored by WLRfm
Criteria & Guidelines
- The awards are open to members and non-members of Waterford PPN
- Groups can be nominated or can nominate themselves
- A group can be eligible ONLY under one category.
- You cannot nominate yourself for the Individual award
- Winners from the 2017 & 2018 Awards are NOT eligible to apply for the 2019 Awards
Nominations will be shortlisted by independent adjudicators, looking in particular for:
- Contribution and positive impact of the group to the local/wider community
- How representative the group is in the local/wider community
- Level of voluntary involvement and participation
- Use of inclusive working methods
- Future benefit to the local/wider Community
**All nominations shall be assessed on the basis of the information provided. There will be a shortlist of three in each category. Shortlisted groups MUST be prepared to be available to make a promotional short video clip (at no cost to the group).**
Awards Gala Ceremony
The awards will be announced and presented at the gala dinner ceremony on Thursday 21st November in The Park Hotel, Dungarvan. Delegates from ALL nominated groups will be invited to attend the ceremony. The ceremony will be presented by WLRfms Oliver Carroll & Mary O’ Neill.
We would like to encourage all community and voluntary organisations to enter the scheme and look forward to meeting those groups at the Awards ceremony in November.
The Award scheme will close FRIDAY 27th September.
Any queries please contact:
Muriel Tobin, Community & Voluntary Awards. Tel: 058-21198/086-1723298