Christmas in Waterford
Why not spend Christmas in Waterford this year? Waterford City is the place to be this Christmas where Ireland first Christmas Festival, Winterval, is taking place between November 25th and December 23rd. Here are 30 things that you can do in Waterford during the Christmas season! Come visit and you will be amazed at what we have to offer! The City will provide a fantasy wonderland for kids of all ages from 1 to 101 and there is no better way of getting into the christmas spirit!
- Take a trip on the Santa Express with the Waterford & Suir Valley Railway
- Visit theMuseum of Toys
- Waterford Lions Club Christmas Hamper Appeal Christmas Carol Concert
- Take a spin on the old style Carousel in John Roberts Square
- Winterval Illuminates Light show at Cathedral Square
- Storytelling for the kids at Irelands oldest civic building at Reginalds Tower
- Visit Waterford on Ice
- Visit Santa Grotto at the Medieval Museum
- See the Waterford Panto Societies “Beauty and the Beast”
- View Disneys “How the Grinch stole Christmas” at The Reg and have a hot chocolate or a gluhwein
- Visit the “Creative Christmas Trees by the GROW Project” at City Hall
- Take a slide on the“Helter Skelter” ot the Bishops Palace.
- Take a spin on the“Vintage Ferris Wheel” outside the House of Waterford Crystal
- WAMA Santa’s Giant Post Box!
- Let your taste buds experience all the food stalls at the WInterval Market
- Take a ride on the Winterval Express
- Take a ride through the City on a Horse Drawn Sleigh
- Hang a decoration on the Cartamundi Giving Tree
- Try your hand at achery with “Archery Through the Ages”
- Visit the Polish Christmas Craft Market
- Experience the Waterford Homecraft annual Christmas Craft Fair
- Christmas Sewing Workshops
- Visit the Elves Workshop
- Visit the Rotary Club Christmas Tree and remember a loved one
- Visit the Reptile Zoo
- Visit ‘Twist at Christmas’ with The Grinch UV Vortex
- A visit to St Patrick’s Gateway is a must for Frostys Creation Station
- Visit the Penguins at the Palace
- Check out the choice of Hotels and B&Bs in Waterford
- Check out some of the over 114 restaurants and cafes that we have in Waterford City and Count
If you want to get away from it all you can take in our beautiful scenery with a choice of Walks!
We have all the information that you need for ATMs etc HERE Check out whats on everyday in our Events Guide Keep up to date with all thats going on with Waterford In Your Pocket
So you see we have everything covered for you this Christmas in Waterford. With the special seasonal spirit that can only be found in Waterford, shopping, restaurants, cafes and pubs all in the City centre, Waterford is the place to be this winter! Fun for all the family, go on, you know you want to! See you in Waterford Ho Ho Ho!